cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 responds very slow to CLI commands

mldorsey1
Level 1
Level 1

I am expericing delayed responses to my CLI commands on the ACE 4710. The delays occur sporadically. I have check the cpu and memory and neither one appeared to show any abnormal behaviour.  Has anybody else experienced unsual delay with your CLI commands? If so, where you able to isolate and correct the problem? If not, any suggestions on where and how to look for the problem?

2 Replies 2

kashman37
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same exact problem. CLI commands are very slow. Although, i dont get any performance issues for my application when i issue the "show run" or "wr mem" commands at CLI  i wait for over 1 minute to receive any output, commands like "show serverfarm" ,"show rserver" "show stats" are working fine. my resource usage is ok and cpu has no problems. The problem exists in all contexts of the specific ACE. I did a test by forcing the standby ace to become active and while the standby ACE had no problem in executing the command when it becomes the active one the problem shows up.  is there a way to troubleshoot this?

Thank you in advance

fadlouni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Usually when this happens, some internal process is having problems, or some internal buffers are leaking. Most of the times, this ends up to be an existing bug which is fixed by an upgrade.

To correctly pinpoint the issue, we need to check the full show tech. If instead of upgrading, you want exact bug details, and since providing a show tech here on the forums has obvious security reasons,then maybe you should consider opening a TAC case.

Regards,

Fadi.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: