Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Incoming Calls Possible?

whwong031
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I work for a college that uses hundreds of Cisco IP Phone 7960. These phones are provided to faculty offices and classrooms for dialing technical support. We have traditionally disabled all the classroom phones from receiving phone calls to prevent interruption of classes. Due to the changing nature of the college, we are getting more and more class from classrooms for technical support. This proves to be a challenging task as we only have a couple technicians available for running around the college to visit the classrooms.

I am wondering if it is possible to enable the Cisco phones in classrooms to receive calls, but limit it to only accept a limited set callers, such as the calls coming from the IT support center (Cisco phones and blackberries)? That would definitely save tons of time supporting the college.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't mention what you have so I'll assume it's CUCM.

You can configure the maximum number of calls and busy trigger to accept only a certain number of calls.

The call N+1 (N is busy trigger) will follow the CFB behavior.

If you're looking to only enable certain users to reach those phones then use CSS/partitions.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your help Java, we are using CUCM. Can you link me to instructions/documents on how to do that specifically?

I mentioned 2 things, so you'd need to specify.

If it's the parameters just go to the DN page and it's almost at the bottom.

CSS and partitions are under call routing, you configure it at DN and device level. Just configure accordingly to your needs.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate