Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7x to Unity Connection 7x Migration

williams-keith
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Experts,

I've just received a project plan for a customer that will be migrating from Unity 7 (Primary/Failover setup) to Unity Connection (Active/Active setup).  They have chosen, at least at this point, to use their current servers (7835's) for this upgrade.  I understand there may be a need for hardware upgrades, and I'll research that as soon as I get the exact model numbers of the servers, but I'm searching for a "Best Process Scenerio", so I'm turning to you.

My question is:

Can I shut down the current Unity 7 Failover server

• Install Unity Connection 7x
  • Use Cobras on Unity 7 Primary
  • Import to Unity Connection 7x
  • Repleate process for remaining server
3 Replies 3

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You appeared to be looking for the process for migrating from Unity to Unity Connection.

Here is the doc that covers the full process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug022.html

Thanks,

Scott

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Keith,

You're on the right track.  However, when you build the first Unity Connection server you will designate it as the first node (or Publisher).  So, once you've imported data and you are ready to build the second Unity Connection node, you won't need to use COBRAS anymore at that point.  You will add that node as a Subscriber and data will replicate - assuming you are doing an HA cluster.

Have a look at this presentation on COBRAS and migrating from Unity to Unity Connection in conjunction with the Cisco doc.  Also check out www.ciscounitytools.com and the Help file for COBRAS has a ton of info as well.

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/user-group/c-mug-archive/824-cisco-unity-connection-migration.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hailey,

Awesome!  Thanks for the confirmation Hailey!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: