Views
Helpful
Replies

Message indicator light isn't working

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a phone that the messge indicator light isn't working on it. The phone works perfect other than that but the user is complaining because they don't know when they have a message.Can someone point me in the right direction as to what i can do to get this fixed, thanks in advance and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of voicemail system are you using, Unity/Unity Connection/CUE?  Can the user dial the MWI on number directly and turn on the MWI light?  Make sure that the voicemail ports can reach the MWI number based on the CSS/partition configuration, and that the MWI on number can reach the phone for starters.  Then something that's not as obvious if this used to work looks for any translation patterns that may be matched by the MWI on number instead of the phone's directory number.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of voicemail system are you using, Unity/Unity Connection/CUE?  Can the user dial the MWI on number directly and turn on the MWI light?  Make sure that the voicemail ports can reach the MWI number based on the CSS/partition configuration, and that the MWI on number can reach the phone for starters.  Then something that's not as obvious if this used to work looks for any translation patterns that may be matched by the MWI on number instead of the phone's directory number.

we are using Unity for the VM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: