cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent will no longer record

David Graham
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a weird recording issue os out UCCX 7 (7.01-SR05) and wanted to see if anyone else may have experienced this. We have an agent that has been recording correctly for the past 6 months since we upgraded. All of a sudden a week ago the recording are not working. The Supervisors can not listen to him live and the recording file that is created will be the correct time length but there is no volume. I have never in the past had it where an agent would be unhearable or have the recording be blank. I have recordings that barge over each other, but these are just or volumeless.

I have blown away the phone and waited for the user to clear jtapi hoping that recreating the user would work. That did not help. It is almost like his CAD is stopping everything from happening (which could be possible for all I know).

Has anybody ever seen this? Any ideas what I could possibly do to fix this issue? As typed above, I am on UCCX 7 Premium (7.01-SR05) but it is running as a standalone currently. The CUCM version is 7.1.3.32900.4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dave,

The idea behind Desktop-based monitoring & recording is that the CAD PC receives a copy of the phone traffic, including the voice conversation as RTP packets. The CAD software then takes these RTP packets and forward them to the CSD so that the supervisor can monitor the call. CAD can also forward the RTP packets directly to the CRS server for call recording.

If the RTP packets are dropped by the NIC or whatever reason, monitoring & recording will stop working.

I think in your case, the problem might be some new AntiVirus or security software installed on the agent PC.

You can run WireShark on the CAD PC while having a conversation on the agent phone and you should see a lot of RTP packets there. If you do not see any packets, please try un-installing any AV and see if that makes the trick.

All this is based on the assumption you are using Desktop-based monitoring & recording, not SPAN-based.

Hope that helps!

Pablo

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dave,

The idea behind Desktop-based monitoring & recording is that the CAD PC receives a copy of the phone traffic, including the voice conversation as RTP packets. The CAD software then takes these RTP packets and forward them to the CSD so that the supervisor can monitor the call. CAD can also forward the RTP packets directly to the CRS server for call recording.

If the RTP packets are dropped by the NIC or whatever reason, monitoring & recording will stop working.

I think in your case, the problem might be some new AntiVirus or security software installed on the agent PC.

You can run WireShark on the CAD PC while having a conversation on the agent phone and you should see a lot of RTP packets there. If you do not see any packets, please try un-installing any AV and see if that makes the trick.

All this is based on the assumption you are using Desktop-based monitoring & recording, not SPAN-based.

Hope that helps!

Pablo

Thanks much. I was told when going through his machine that he had had a virus and someone else in my depa

rtment had cleaned it off. Something in that screwed up hi smachine. A loaner machine fixed the issue and a fu

ll rebuild will of the old machine will take care of the rest. I never thought that the computer would be the culprit her

e. Assumed this took place before making it up to the computer, but obviously not.

Thanks for the help!

I need to look up the command, but there is a command that will tell you the IP of the machine. I continued to have issues on machines and realized this was occurrng on machines I brought back to my office an dbuilt on a different vlan. CAD remebered the original IP and vlan that I had used to build the machine and install CAD from. When I moved it back to the vlan the contact center was on, the users were having issues since CAD remembered the IP from the build VLAN. Everythign seemed to work sometimes, but not others.

I thought the software was the c:\program files\cisco\desktop\bin\postinstall.exe, but it is not registring corrcetly onmy laptop right now. Try running this though and make sure the IP that comes up is the corrcet one.

yiosepvaldes
Level 1
Level 1

hello guys,

i need your help, i have the same problem but my case has some differences.

i have the uccx version 7.01sr5 and only appear the issue on the recorde of two agents, both agents have a same model of ip phone (cp7942g v09).

other eight agents on the same platform can be recorded without any problem.

someone who can help me?... is urgent and thanks for your help.

I continued to have issues on machines and realized this was occurrng on machines I brought back to my office an dbuilt on a different vlan. CAD remebered the original IP and vlan that I had used to build the machine and install CAD from. When I moved it back to the vlan the contact center was on, the users were having issues since CAD remembered the IP from the build VLAN. Everythign seemed to work sometimes, but not others.

I thought the software was the c:\program files\cisco\desktop\bin\postinstall.exe, but it is not registring corrcetly onmy laptop right now. Try running this though and make sure the IP that comes up is the corrcet one.