Views
Helpful
Replies

Need 3750 Model Help

visitor68
Level 4
Level 4

Hi:

Im looking for the Cisco webpage that lists all the 3750 models. I remember seeing it once, but now I cant find it. I have been searching for a long time and I've about had it.

I need to know a few things...

Someone has told me that the 3750G and 3750E are EOL. Is that true?I really dont think it is.

Also, someone said there is a difference between a Cisco 3750E and a Cisco 3750-E. Does anyone know of this?

I just need a 3750 with 24 RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbps ports and the uplinks can be 10 G,  but not necessary.

This should be easy, but with the 25 different flavors of 3750, itds getting confusing.

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Joe

Switches

Scroll down to Lan Switches -> Access and then select the relevant switch type. On the switch page scroll to bottom and click on "Models Comparison"

Differences between 3750 and 3750-E models -

Q. What are the notable differences/features between the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and the Cisco Catalyst 3750?

A. The differences are as follows:

• Cisco Catalyst 3750-E provides a true line-rate (nonblocking) Gigabit Ethernet to the desktop solution with two line-rate 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks.

• The Cisco Catalyst 3750-E is a stackable switch, and it is backward compatible and stacks with the existing Cisco Catalyst 3750 family switches.

• The Cisco Catalyst 3750-E has a backplane switching ASIC, which also makes forwarding decisions, to help the switch perform wire-rate local switching.

• The Cisco Catalyst 3750-E supports dynamic a pluggable module that converts a 10 Gigabit Ethernet slot into a slot that can fit 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports. This allows for easy migration for customers moving from Gigabit Ethernet uplinks to 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks.

• The Cisco Catalyst 3750-E supports hot-swappable power supplies.

• The Cisco Catalyst 3750-E supports jumbo frame routing and increases the frame size to 9216 bytes.

• The Cisco Catalyst 3750-E supports uncompressed IPv6 address tables. This allows the software to program the full IPv6 address in the hardware. In addition, equal cost routing for IPv6 uses the uncompressed IPv6 address.

• The Cisco Catalyst 3750-E supports destination stripping of unicast packets.

There is now a new 3750 the 3750-X. The differences between the 3750-E and 3750-X are -

Q. What are the differences between the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X and the rest of the Catalyst 3000 switches?
A. The Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X are line rate nonblocking switches that are identical to the Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series with the following added features:

• Cisco StackPower technology: Aggregates and shares power supplies in a stack and supports a zero-footprint redundant power supply

• Network modules: Field-replaceable uplink, 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit versions

• Full 802.3at PoE+: Supports 30W per port on all 48 ports in a single RU switch

• Three software feature sets: LAN Base, IP Base, and IP Services

• Dual redundant power supplies and fans: Four power supply options, including a DC power supply for PoE

• MACsec: Hardware-based encryption (802.1ae). Includes MACsec Key Agreement (MKA) (included in Dot1X-rev)

I am not aware of any of the 3750 models being EOS/EOL.

Jon

Jon, thank you very much.

Is there a difference between a 3750-E and a 3750E...in other words a dash or no dash.

I think the person was trying to tell me that tehre are models of 3750 that end in E, like 3750-24T-E...or soemthing like that...

Any thoughts?

Also, what about the 3750G...I dont see it

ex-engineer wrote:

Jon, thank you very much.

Is there a difference between a 3750-E and a 3750E...in other words a dash or no dash.

I think the person was trying to tell me that tehre are models of 3750 that end in E, like 3750-24T-E...or soemthing like that...

Any thoughts?

Also, what about the 3750G...I dont see it

Joe

It is a bit confusing. The generic switch model is referred to as 3750-E but if you look at the actual model numbers they are all 3750E- model numbers (see Model comparison sheet under 3750-E).

The 3750G is covered in the Model Comparison sheet for the 3750 switch. Basically all the ports on the 3750G are gigabit capable.

Jon

ex-engineer wrote:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5023/product_data_sheet0900aecd80371991.html

Sorry Joe, not sure what i should be looking at ?

Do you mean model numbers such as WS-C3750-48TS-E ? If so these are not 3750-E switches but normal 3750 switches.

Jon

No. I just wanted you to know which link I was looking for. Its good because its comprehensive...

Check out what is being stated below...the 3750E is EOL????

Why doesnt it say that on the spec sheets I just referenced.?

Hello,

I think the 3750-E that you are referring to is related to regular 3750 with enhanced image (IP Services) not the new 3750-E series switch that has 10G support. Only thing that EOL/EOS in 3750-E is the Advanced IP Services image series.

Regards,

NT

Hello,

I guess you are looking for these announcements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/prod_eol_notices_list.html

3750-E was a marketing product name that came with IP Services/Advanced IP services image. Since the Advanced IP Services image was discontinued, the 3750-E models were also discontinued. However, not all 3750 switches are EOS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

NT, thank you for your very useful input. Much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card