cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC issue over VPN

Shaijala
Level 1
Level 1

My client is using IP communicator which is working propelry from  office but when he using CIPC
over VPN from Home its registering with CUCM and able to make calls,however he unable to get any voice(no voice communication). When i generating call statics it is showing there was no packet flow.

User have 100 MBPS internet connectivity. Below are the connectivity flow

I00 MBPS connectivity-->User conncected with Japan office VPN-->Japan to US WAN -->CIPC registred with US CUCM

User able to ping Gateway and other devices same VPN faciclity working for others and they are able to make calls with out any issues(Able to hear both ends).

Following things i have done to resolve this issue:
1-Upgraded CIPC to latest version
2-Registred CIPC with other call manger/CME

But there was no improvement.Then i go ahed with SIP (Xlite sip phone) phone which is working fine

User is able to make and able hear communication with out any issues.

I have checked user desktop and there are no fairwall/paket bloking software

But user requres CIPC .Can any one help me to resolve this issue

Regards,
Shaijal

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the screenshot but it looks like the call hasn't connected yet because you'd see a codec listed there and some other information even if you don't see the RX and TX (receive and send) counters incrimenting.  The next thing I would do is when a call is up and you're getting no audio bring up the CIPC's webpage by putting in the registered IP in to a browser to see what the remote destination address is that "Stream 1" is sending to and what the local address is too.  If you're not getting audio but the call connects (meaning you don't get a busy tone when answering) check IP connectivity from the CIPC phone to the remote IP address and back.  The issue likely is IP routing through the VPN to possible the other phone, gateway, transcoder, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: