cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emulex LPe11002 BIOS BFS

shashi.boddula
Level 1
Level 1

I have one Cisco UCS C200 M2 rack mount server with Qlogic CNA installed. I have removed Qlogic CNA and inserted Emulex LPe11002 HBA, connected the HBA to the fabric, and assigned one LUN with single-path to the UCS server. The installed OS is RHEL5.4, and the OS is seeing the LUN.

Now i need to install the OS on the LUN.  I rebooted the server, went into BIOS setup, but in the boot disk order i am not seeing the Emulex HBA, and nor the LUN. Only the local disk is displayed in the BIOS.

Then i booted the server with it's installed RHEL OS on the local disk, installed HBAnyware, and flashed the latest Emulex firmware and boot code. Then i rebooted the server, went into BIOS setup, but still i am not seeing HBA/LUN. And also i am not seeing any Emulex BIOS message whenever the server is booting.

Please anyone tell me, what i am missing? Why Emulex BIOS is not showing during POST? Why the LUN is not displayed in BIOS Setup?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which PCIe Slot # have you installed the HBA in?

Can you try another slot and see if the card then resgisters with the system?

thanks,

Robert

There is only one slot in the server.

Since the OS is seeing the LUN, and since i am able to format/read/write on the LUN, then no need to doubt the PCI slot.

Sounds like the option ROM isn't loading/flashed correctly.

What version/package of Option ROM boot code did you use?  I assume you've already disabled the Quet Boot in the C2xx BIOS and are still not seeing the Emulex BIOS (Ctrl+E).  Being able to see the LUN in the OS (when drivers are loaded), but not during boot points to the Option ROM.

The EFI Flash utility is the easiest way to update the firmware image.  Current version is EFIBoot Version 4.12a7.

Robert

"The EFI Flash utility is the easiest way to update the firmware image"

Please can you tell me how to do this?

Best to follow the Emulex instructions for that.

http://www.emulex.com/files/downloads/hardware/bootcode.pdf

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card