cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Run Unified Reporting on Publisher 6.1

dwtcp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my 6.1 cluster's Publisher could not boot. (Common partition boor problem)
I used the recovery cd and fixed the errors manually.
It booted and all devices are registered there now.
But,
i cannot generate a report through Unified report. I get ERROR: Error  encountered while generating report: null

I have tried to stop dbreplication on subscriber. On publisher and then  reset it but nothing happens. Only errors.
And in RTMT i get both databases with state 2 but the cluster is 4!!
Last  thing, when i generate a report about database on the subscriber i  get  cm1 (publisher) cannot be reached but i have checked that there is  no  problem with the dns (through the CLI)

What i can't understand is why running cluster overview on the subscriber shows everything OK!!

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards
Anthony

I am running

6_1_2_1000_13on both servers.
2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you access the publisher from the subscriber at all in terms of web access?  If you login to the sub's CCMAdmin page and go to the serviceability page and to control center - feature services, can you successfully view the publisher's services from the sub?  If not do you have a firewall between the servers?  Also keep in mind this: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCth53322 and the note about rebuilding since the common partition is common to both the active and inactive partitions: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCta73022.

Well, thanks for your interest.

I checked connectivity as you described and there was no problem!

I could see all services for both servers.

So i decided to get a backup --> i did it succesfully

and then i upgraded both of them to 6.1.2.1002-1.

Now everything is working fine!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: