Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding signature ID - 5500 - IE.asp file execution

gangadaran86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me to understand the vulnerability lies with the signature. What I understood is this alarm triggers when .asp file executed on the web browser.

Shall we filter these alarm by doing fine tuning the IPS signature. Or it'll create any issue in future?

Also, please share any website or doc where I can read and understand about the IPS signature.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Was just wondering if i have answered this query. if so, please mark this as asnwered.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can find details about the signature and all relevant information at the below page:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewIpsSignature.x?signatureId=5500&signatureSubId=0&softwareVersion=6.0&releaseVersion=S510

Regarding fine tuning the signature, it all depends on your requirement. Also, you asked if "it will cause any issues in the future". What kind of issues are you referring to here?

Regards,

Prapanch

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Was just wondering if i have answered this query. if so, please mark this as asnwered.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card