cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTCP Configuration on CUCM 6.1 (7931 Handset)

PHunter408_2
Level 1
Level 1

Despite all efforts to follow the 7931 Admin Guide, I cannot seem to find where to enable RTCP on the 7931 handset.  The Admin Guide states:

From Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone > Phone Configuration.   However, there seems to be no such option when I follow this path.  Also--this direction implies that the menu is driven as stated here.  But it really isn't.  You have to select each phone to look at (or configure) the Phone configuration.

What am I missing here?

Pam

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pam

RTCP where available is enabled on Device/Phone, then find your phone, and go down to the 'Product Specific Configuration' section at the bottom.

You should be able to enable it in bulk via BAT (Update Phones) - ensure your list of selected phones is just 7931s, as if any phones are in the list that don't have the RTCP option you won't be shown the option to set.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you Aaron.

The 'enable' RTCP option does not appear under the Product Specific Configuration Layout.  Thus, I'm suspecting that this phone does not support RTCP.

Please advise if there is another place to look or if there is a software update to allow RTCP configuration.  I was looking for a list of 7900 series handsets which do support RTCP.  Thus far, my searches on CCO have not uncovered a complete list.

Pam

Hi Pam

Bad news I'm afraid - I've checked my lab systems and it appears that RTCP only appeared as an option on one of the 7.x versions. My lab 7.1.5 system has it, but my 6.1.4 does not.

As a side note, RTCP can be a bit problematic with CallManager. Some phones support it, however lots of things do not - if you run a call through the CCM MTP for example, no RTCP will be received at the far end. Also if you put the phone into one-way transmission mode (e.g. if the far end puts you on hold, and you go into receive-only MoH mode) RTCP stops, which is not what is supposed to happen according to the SIP RFCs, and can cause the far end to drop the call.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: