Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM cluster and db problems

Good Day,

I had to replace my CUCM 5.1(2) Publisher server after a hardware failure. We installed CUCM restored the backup and re-host the server licenses.

After installing the server back into the network, the subscriber server db is not syncing, when I run the "utils dbreplication status" it comes up with the error " there is only one server in the cluster"

If I go to System -> server, both servers are there but I am unable to add a new server, the " add new " button is not available.

In the sytem admin pages I can select the publisher as well as the subscriber. All services are started and running. If I do a failover test the phones also fails over to the Subscriber and all still works.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you restore the subscriber too? Here's the guide that says after restoring the publisher to restore subsequent nodes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/5_0_4/drsag504.html#wp187427.  The reason for having to restore the subscriber too is that the subscriber has never information (newer database information) than that of the backed up and now restored publisher.  I know that you can restore only the publisher in 6.1.2: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/6_1_2/DRS_CUCM/drsag612.html#wp259502, however I don't remember if you can restore only the publisher in 5.1.2 and from a quick documentation search it doesn't list in 5.x that you can restore only the publisher.

Thank you, We did not restore the Subscriber as it was running fine in production, we also used the newest backup before the failure for the publisher but if that is the issue I will restore the Subscriber as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: