Helpful
Replies

IP Contact Centre version 7 capabilities

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Good Day All,

We use IP contact centre version 7.

We have a simple script that queues customers during the day and shunts them off to voice mail after hours.

Our customers who have an after hours agreement need to dial a different number after hours for support.

I am hoping to find a more elegant solution where the customer dials a single support number.

If the call comes in after hours;  the system should prompt the user for their customer ID and customer PIN.

Then,  if the customer is entitled to afterhours support,  the system should forward a call to the oncall mobile.

Otherwise,  the system should prompt the user to leave a voicemail message for the operators to have a look at the problem in the morning.

To me,  this seems like a straight forward modification of the script.

I would need to setup a table with valid customer id numbers and PINs to reference.

I would need to setup the system to prompt the user and accept their input, check it, and then either call the oncall phone or send them off to voicemail.

Can anyone tell me if the IP Contact centre application is capable of requesting a customer ID and Pin number to authenticate the after hours support?

I think it should be.  I have attached a call flow of the current script as a reference.

If anyone has any doco on setting this up,  that would also be most appreciated.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can,

With the Get digit String step you can take what your customer dials....now is there too many customers with this privilege? If there are just a few you can use a switch step with the posible PINs and after that you send the call with a call redirect step ( I don't think the ID is that important, the important thing here is the PIN). If you have a lot of customers with this provilege is better to write an XML document with all the posible PINs. Once the customer enters the PIN the script can look in the XML for the PIN and if it exist in the XML then you can send the call with the call redirect step

Gabriel.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Yes you can,

With the Get digit String step you can take what your customer dials....now is there too many customers with this privilege? If there are just a few you can use a switch step with the posible PINs and after that you send the call with a call redirect step ( I don't think the ID is that important, the important thing here is the PIN). If you have a lot of customers with this provilege is better to write an XML document with all the posible PINs. Once the customer enters the PIN the script can look in the XML for the PIN and if it exist in the XML then you can send the call with the call redirect step

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: