Views
Helpful
Replies

NMS for WAN !!!

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My customer wants a SNMP based network monitoring tool for WAN on protocol basis ?

Does any body know any solution. In cisco we have Cisco Work to monitor LAN but in my requirment I have to do detailed real time monitoring ...

Regards,

Anis

2 Replies 2

snalyahya
Level 1
Level 1

I totally agree with you. We just bought and implemented this product and it's not fully meet our requirements, specially the real-time monitoring for WAN links!

There is N-Hop View feature that displays devices based on CDP which often not working over WAN and also it's not recommended to be running. Also it's not flexible in terms of organizing the devices inside the portlet or typing the device name in clear text.

The odd thing that we had an older version of this product (1.5) comes with built-in integrated monitoring tool (WhatsUp Gold) which was helpful in this matter. I don't know why they stop it.

Regards,

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

You should look at something like the Orion Network Monitor from Solar Winds. Expensive, but it should do what you want. You can download a trial version and see if it fits your requirements ebfore purchasing it outright.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: