Helpful
Replies

Busy Indeccator

RKha
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i requested to apllay this case .

when some one call you and you already have a call , the system appear to the second caller busy tone and indecate you that there is another phone call.

can you help me 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't mention what you have so I'll assume it's CUCM, You also don't mention the phone model.

You configure the maximum number of calls and busy trigger under DN config, the call busy trigger + 1 gets the CFB behavior.

If you mean you want to play a message to the user explaining the phone is in use, that's not possible.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rami,

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain this too well

I understand what you are trying to achieve.....but it is not

possible. You either get a Busy signal by using Busy Trigger 1

or Ringback using Busy trigger 2. You cannot have it both ways

my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't mention what you have so I'll assume it's CUCM, You also don't mention the phone model.

You configure the maximum number of calls and busy trigger under DN config, the call busy trigger + 1 gets the CFB behavior.

If you mean you want to play a message to the user explaining the phone is in use, that's not possible.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you JavaLenc for you response , i have call manager 7.1 the IP phone Cisco 7970G , the maximum call phone is 3 busy trigger 1 .

the case is , when the line in use and second caller called , he will receive a busy signal . and the phone indicate  that you have another number calling you call . "as in case phone behave when the busy trigger is 2 " .

i want the second caller receive a busy signal and the user of the phone receive any indication that some one is calling .

note that i dont have a unifid messaging .

The configuration sounds fine, you could try changing it to busy trigger 2. Test that it works, set it back to 1 and test the behavior again.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Javalenc , thank you man , but I think your first answer is the correct on , I am trying to change busy trigger , it doesn't work.

I believe that the call manager doesn't support these feature , but the customer always request these serves for his system , because there is another system support waiting indicator .

if you no any further information regarding the waiting indicator , kindly support me with it .

thank you will rate for your answer .

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rami,

As Java nicely noted, Call Waiting on CUCM and every other phone system I

know works this way If you set the Busy Trigger @ 2 then the second incoming call

receives "Ringback" tone not a Busy signal. The called party sees that a second call

is coming in and has the option to put the first call on Hold or disconnect so call # 2

can be dealt with.

You want the second call to receive Ringback tone in this instance because if they get

a Busy signal they will surely hangup. I'm not sure why the client is asking for this setup

but it isn't supported

Cheers!

Rob

thanx Rob ,

when busy trigger is equal 2 , I want the second call to receive busy signal tone not normal ring , I need the caller now that the called party is engaged with other call .

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rami,

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain this too well

I understand what you are trying to achieve.....but it is not

possible. You either get a Busy signal by using Busy Trigger 1

or Ringback using Busy trigger 2. You cannot have it both ways

my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

ok thank you Rob for these explanation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: