Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to setup mobile voice access/enterprise feature access without IVR

Hi all,

I have tried to setup the mobile voice access/ enterprise feature access without IVR, Did anyone cofnigure it , as I am not able to make it work somehow.

If someone is having instruction please suggest.

Thanks,

Rakesh Sabherwal

5 Replies 5

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rakesh,

MVA (Mobile Voice Access) is used with IVR to make a call from a cell phone as if you are calling from the CallManager network. We need a H.323 GW which can run a VXML script (from 7.1.3 CUCM, SIP VXML gateway can be used).

Enterprise Feature Access (EFA) is used to transfer / conference calls from the cell phone - this feature has no IVR and requires manual DTMF input.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1324052 should help

For MVA, you would

- Enable MVA service from serviceability page

- Enable end user for Mobile Voice Access

- Configure MVA number (accessible from PSTN) under Media Resources > MVA

- Cisco Callmanager service parameter for MVA to true

- Configure the VXML gateway (inbound dial peer to play the IVR, and outbound dialpeer to CallManager)

For EFA , you would

- Configure EFA number (accessible from PSTN) under Call Routing > Mobility Configuration

- Cisco Callmanager service parameter for EFA to true

- Configure the gateway dialpeers to route the inbound EFA call to CallManager

- Initial outbound call leg to the cell phone (SNR call) should select a non-zero dial-peer

EFA is pretty hard to get working, and even then, it is difficult to remember the exact pin sequence (as there is no prompt to guide you)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592

- Sriram

Thank you so much your reply.

We are trying to implement EFA as we dont want XML script user voice gateway resources. I have configued as per following :

- Configure EFA number (accessible from PSTN) under Call Routing > Mobility Configuration

- Cisco Callmanager service parameter for EFA to true

- Configure a translation pattern to forward calls to mobility number. DID number is configured as translation pattern, and dial peer already configured for this in gateway. Should we need to define the dial peer for actual mobility number in gateway?

Now when I tried to call this number outside PSTN network and from the same phone configured in remote destination, I got a response the number is not in use.

- - Initial outbound call leg to the cell phone (SNR call) should select a non-zero dial-peer ? Didn't understand please explain.

- do you know what sequence we use for DTMF when connected to SNR number?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Rakesh Sabherwal

Rakesh,

- If your EFA DID is 9193921234, and your CallManager is configured to consider only the last 4 digits of the called number, the EFA number under Mobility Configuration would be 1234

- Please ensure that the EFA number on CallManager is unique

- If already existing dial peers can send the EFA number to the CallManager, no extra config is needed. However, configure new dial-peers if the existing ones don't account for the EFA DID routing

"Now when I tried to call this number outside PSTN network and from  the same phone configured in remote destination, I got a response the  number is not in use." -- Make sure that the EFA DID is routable through the PSTN to your CallManager network. You can run GW debugs when making a call to the EFA DID and check if the call hits the GW.

---

EFA is 2-stage dialing

(1) Call hits the RDP, and due to SNR, cell phone rings too. Cell phone (RD) picks the call up

(2) http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592 -- The Manual Key Sequence column is what you are looking for, to get EFA working

---

"Initial outbound call leg to the cell phone (SNR call) should select a non-zero dial-peer" --- Consider (1), where the SNR call goes out to the cell phone too. Make sure that the incoming dial-peer getting picked on the GW for this call to not be zero. The reason is that dial-peer zero doesn't allow dtmf digits to be properly passed to CallManager.

Make sure the inbound and outbound dial-peers selected for the cell phone call, and the inbound call to EFA number have the dtmf config.

---

- I didn't understand why you are using a translation pattern - can you explain ?

Hi,

Thanks you so much all your information, clarify almost all doubts:

the issue was in Gateway to extension DID (enterprise feature access number ) reachability. I have try changing the number of different local site and now its working.

I am able to connect to the number but still not able to make outgoing call. use this sequence pin#1#number to dial. but it start giving me busy tone. Any further suggestion please.

Well pointed 0 dial peer : got it thanks again.

I am planning to use translation pattern so user at each site use their local number to reach enterprise feautre access number/

Thanks,

Rakesh Sabherwal

Rakesh,

Sequence pin#1#number is for MVA, not EFA. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592 -- The Manual Key Sequence column is what you are looking for, to get EFA working.

Keep in mind that EFA is for 2-stage dialing, where you are trying to transfer or conference a call by using the cell phone. EFA can't be used to make a direct outbound call as if you are dialing from the CallManager network - MVA is the feature for that.

- Sriram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: