Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 6 - matching e.164 called numbers

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I am wondering whether Callmanager Version 6 understand the e.164 format? I would like to integrate the feature dialing from outlook, but most of the numbers have a + sign included. I thought I could match on "+, which the system denied. Is there another option to get these both applications work together?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 6 does not support e164 (+), this was first supported in 7.x.  Dialing through outlook typcailly comes through CTI using JTAPI so you can try and use Application Dial Rules to strip the + and then route the call.  I've never tested this out so I'm not sure if you'll even get the number with a + far enough into CUCM to hit the application dial rule.  Alternatively depending on what tool or application you're using to dial from outlook you might be able to put a dial rule there.

Hi

Joe is correct; you can use app dial rules in 6.x to strip the + character, and replace it with appropriate characters (e.g. typically 9, 90 or 900 depending on length in the UK, your country may vary).

App Dial Rules are very poorly implemented in CUCM, and they can be tricky to set up for variable length plans like you get most places outside the US... but it is usually workable.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at it and keep you informed wether it was helpful for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: