cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict call forward display on internal calls

fossilev700
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer requirement to restrict the display of forwarded number. Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish:

User A calls User B (User B has his number forwarded to 305-555-3999 a personal cell number)

User A sees on his caller id that the number has been forwarded to 305-555-3999.

User B does not want any callers to see the number calls are forwarded to. Is this possible? The customer would also like to keep the forwarded call display on call to and from their main operator.

thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Maybe you could try creating a 'dummy' or virtual DN that is alway forwarded to the cell.  Then the user can forward to that dummy DN.  You would need to test this to see if it works. 

If that doesn't work, you could try some other things like a hunt group with no members that overflows to the cell phone.  This type of call may not show the destination to the caller. 

Lastly, I am certain you could do this through a voice mail system because going out of the phone system to the voice and and back out should break any internal display like you describe.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Have you played with the following settings on the line appearance configuration page?

Caller Name     Checking this check box will cause the caller name to display upon call forward.

Caller Number     Checking this check box will cause the caller number to display upon call forward.

Redirected Number     Checking this check box will cause the number that was redirected to display upon call forward.

Dialed Number     Checking this check box will cause the original dialed number to display upon call forward.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: