cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No MOH (Music-on-hold) on 7975 in CUCM 6.1.5

kostyacroc
Level 1
Level 1

I have 7975 registered on CUCM 6.1.5. And no MOH only on this device type. On other (7941, 7942, 7962) I hear MOH.

On CUCM MOH was set as unicast and as multicast, no difference. Only on 7975 I hear silence. Diferrent audio source tried to use. Nothing...

All other device type works fine.

What problem can be?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a valid MOH server in the MRGL for the phone?

Is the codec the phone is using enabled for MOH?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The phone is sccp right?

Do confirm that the 7975 has the same MRGL/ Device pool as the working 7941/42 phones.

How many 7975 phones are there, what is the firmware on the phones?

Make a call to the 7975 phone from any phone, lets say a 7941, hit hold softkey from the 7941 to put the 7975 on hold, and double hit the "?" button on the 7975 phone, check what is the codec being negotiated and if you are recieving any packets from the MOH server.

Regards

Kunal

Yes, MOH server in right MRG. And settings on all phones are identical.

Yes, it's SCCP. We have only 2 devices 7975, and on both we have no MOH. Firmware is SCCP75.8-5-3S. On other phones SCCPxx.8-5-3S.

Codec is g711ulaw, and it is in MOH. In the hold, after double press "?" I see codec g711u. It's right for all calls. But no MOH

hmm!

Do confirm that you get complete dead air, and not dead air---three beeps----dead air.

Also on hitting the "?" button did you see the RX that is packets recieved increasing?

Has a factory reset on the phones been tried yet?

Regards

Kunal

Exactly dead air, no 3 beeps, nothing.

And yes, RX is increasing.

I can't do factory reset because this big boss phone, and no access right now. Only on weekend.

It is same as MOH volume is too low, but in the parameters volume is default. And on other phones it works.

Hello,

I dont think low MOH volume is the issue, if you say you are getting dead air.

But a factory reset should help, please try that over the weekend.

If that does not resolve the issue, we might need detailed call manager traces as well as sniffers from the back of the 7975 phone when put on hold, with the calling called party numbers, with the MAC address of the 7975 phone, to go through the traces.

HTH
Kunal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: