cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure WPA on embedded AP in Cisco 1941

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

What are the options to configure the WPA on embedded AP in Cisco 1941. I mean to say how to configure WPA encryption on multiple ssid. Lets say i have 2 SSID's . One is encrypted with wep and other need to be encrypted with wpa. Thanks

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Q>> What are the options to configure the WPA on embedded AP in Cisco 1941.

ANS>> WPA version 1 and WPA version 2

I  mean to say how to configure WPA encryption on multiple ssid. Lets say i  have 2 SSID's . One is encrypted with wep and other need to be  encrypted with wpa.

ANS >> WPA is the Authentication... not the encryption... WEP is the encryption not authentication..

If we are using WPA.. then no need to configure WEP encryption... the encryption should be either

1>> CHIPHERS TKIP

or

2>> CIPHERS AES

so the configuration will be..

en

config t

dot11 ssid

auth open

vlan X

auth key-management WPA (version 1 or 2)

end

wr

[you can configure the WPA version by using the question mark after WPA and  select the appropriate, version 1 then use TKIP and if VERSION 2 then  use AES]

en

config t

encryption valn X mode ciphers TKIP (WPA) or encryption valn X mode ciphers AES (WPA-v2)

no shut

end

wr

the above wil do it for one SSID.. same way the same config hold good for another if we map the corresponding VLAN..

i request you to let me know how this works out for you!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I managed to resolve the subject problem. Solution is as below:

AP(config)#interface dot11radio 0

AP(config-if)#encryption vlan xxx mode ciphers tkip

On each SSID

AP(config-ssid)#wpa-psk ascii password

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card