cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 Docs Posted

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The new LMS 4.0 page is hot off the presses as of today. Happy reading and good luck if you take the plunge.

I'll see how much our reseller wants for an upgrade as it isn't included in the support for our LMS 3.2 installation.

Looking in the Installation Guide, I see that Windows Server 2008 R2 is still not supported. That's disappointing as it has been out for over a year. Client browser support is for IE 7 and 8, Firefox 3.6.x. That's good news.

A 90 day evaluation version is referenced but the 3rd party (mediuscorp) site doesn't have it up yet. 3.2 is still posted there.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a problem with fault management and Windows 2008 R2.  We're looking to add R2 support in December of this year.  LMS 4.0 will FCS Wednesday, and it will be available for demo download then.

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just came across the schedule of a series of LMS 4.0 webinars on Linkedin, starting at 8am () PDT tomorrow:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le46/nmtg_training/LMS_4.0_Webinar_Series_External_Schedule.htm

Thanks for the heads-up YJ. I sat in on this morning's webinar. It was pretty informative.

Also, in reply to Joe's note re the 90-day evaluation version - it is now available now for download. I got it today. Allow some time if you are downloading it to your personal machine. It's a 1.8 GB zip file (decompresses to almost 2 GB executable). The content server appears to limit download speed to 2 Mbps; so it took a couple of hours. I hope to install it on a server next week and kick the tires.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: