cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Voicemail Preview possible with Unity Express?

I have a standard 2811 ISR outfitted with software CME 7.1 and CUE 7.0.5.  I like to know if Exchange 2007/2010 voicemail preview feature is possible with Cisco Unity Express 7.0.5?  Currently, voice mails are sent via SMTP as a wav attachment.  The voicemail preview (speech-to-text) feature in Exchange would be a tremendous help for mobility users.  I understand that Cisco also has Unity Server and Unity Connection.  How difficult would it be convert a CUE environment to an Unity Connection?

2 Replies 2

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

I cannot find any Exchange or SMTP integration in the CUE List of Features, here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/administrator/voicemail/map_ph0.html

I am fairly certain what you're looking for is only possible with Unity Connection ("UConn") or unified messaging with Cisco Unity.  To address your second question, there is no "conversion" for CUE to UConn as CUE runs on an ISR/ISR2 and UConn runs on a full-fledged appliance.  You would instead be looking at a migration, which would include a hardware and software investment.

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUE doesn't support Exchange integration.

Take a look at the 'Integrated Messaging' feature (IMAP) for it, though.  You can point an IMAP client to the CUE, and a user's mailbox will show up as an IMAP mailbox with the voicemails as email attachments.  It gets you close enough, functionaly, other than the fact that it's a separate email account setup in the mail client instead of a unified mailbox for email and VM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: