Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin login on SPA504G

sebpoli33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just purchased a bunch of Cisco SPA504G phones and cannot login to the admin interface.

What is the default username and password to get in?

I have tried admin/admin admin/password.. and a few others without success.

I bought the phones preconfigured from a VOIP provider and I suspect they might have changed it.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Seb

4 Replies 4

By default, the "admin" user login password is blank (empty).

If you bought the phones from a VoIP provider, then only they can tell you what the admin password is (if they changed it from default).

If they supply the phones preconfigured to only work with their service, then there is a good chance it is "locked" and users may not be able to change it. In which case you need to contact your VoIP provider for that information.

Regards,

Jeff - CQVoIP.net

techcoord034
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried resetting the phones to factory settings and then you can login and set the admin password from the web interface?

Yeah by default, these devices don't have a password on them.  You can try to factory reset the device and if that does not work the only option is to return them to point of purchase.  Any time you get a small business phone device other than the spa400 and it has a password on it, it has been provisioned and only the people that provision it can unlock it.  But try the factory reset and let us know how that goes.

I purchased my SPA 504g's from Amazon and they seem to be configured with a password set. Unfortunately, I can't even perform a factory reset because that requires an admin password. Does anyone know what that password is?

NOTE: I also tried accessing the admin control panel from the web interface and it also requires access credentials.