cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading RME 4.3.0 to 4.3.1

scott.lorenzen
Level 1
Level 1

When attempting to do an upgrade to the system from RME from 4.3.0 to 4.3.1 in the middle of the install it tells me "These files are currently being used by another running process."   The processes are dmgtd.exe and tomcat.exe.  At the command prompt if I receive the following error when attempting to stop the processes

H:\WINDOWS\system32>pdterm tomcat
ERROR: connect to dmgtd process on "127.0.0.1" on port 42340 failed:

H:\WINDOWS\system32>pdterm dmgtd
ERROR: connect to dmgtd process on "127.0.0.1" on port 42340 failed:

This is a Windows 2008 SP2 x64 bit system.  I have confirmed that the Firewall is disabled and UAC is off.  So why would this be blocked or is there something else I am missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error you posted on dmgtd is because the daemon manager is currently down (it doesn't mean 42340 is blocked).  Seems like some processes are hung up.  Try this:

1. Set the following CiscoWorks Services to Startup Manual:

-CiscoWorks Daemon Manager
-CSCS rsh/rcp service
-CSCS syslog service
-CSCS tftp service

2. Make sure you are complying with the installation guidelines covered here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

3. Reboot the server.

Try the upgrade once again.  Revert the processes we changed in step one if upgrade was successful and reboot server once again to return to normal LMS operation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error you posted on dmgtd is because the daemon manager is currently down (it doesn't mean 42340 is blocked).  Seems like some processes are hung up.  Try this:

1. Set the following CiscoWorks Services to Startup Manual:

-CiscoWorks Daemon Manager
-CSCS rsh/rcp service
-CSCS syslog service
-CSCS tftp service

2. Make sure you are complying with the installation guidelines covered here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

3. Reboot the server.

Try the upgrade once again.  Revert the processes we changed in step one if upgrade was successful and reboot server once again to return to normal LMS operation.

This worked great and I appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: