Facing slowness in accessing a particular website.

Unanswered Question
Sep 20th, 2010

Hello,

I am facing a problem in my Singapore office network that a single website is taking 2-3 minute to load the page however other sites are opening very quickly. Proxy server is there in between and users accesing site through proxy. I tried accessing site via DMZ out bypassing firewall and proxy page is opening quickly. Also if I use our US proxy result is good,problem is only with singapore proxy and only for a single website i.e
http://202.96.221.2 . Even proxy authentication prompt is taking time to pop up on screen for this particular website. Connectivity is like ....
Internet route------->Firewall------> Proxy------>User in LAN

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Calin Chiorean Fri, 09/24/2010 - 05:16

Hi!

Can it be that this particular website on which you encounter issues is hosted on server which have a better connection to the IP address of your US proxy, but worst to your SG proxy? Usually I would suspect such problem in this cases, because you said that all other sites are working fine through SG proxy.

Do you have any chance to do a traceroute / ping from SG and US to this site (maybe directly from proxy) and compare the timers?

Calin

Actions

This Discussion