cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 issue

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have CUCM6.1 and Unity4.2, I have one question about the VM and here is the details:

Phone A (5111) and B (5112) all setup the VM, the incoming call will be diverted to VM if no one pick up the call on phone B, the caller can hear 'Sorry, xx is not available, please leave a message ...' . But if I forward all the calls from phone A to B with B's internal number 5112, the incoming call will be diverted to B's VM, but system message will be different 'Cisco unity system,, ' and the caller can't leave the message. If I use phone B's full DID in CFwdALL number, everything is working fine. Looks like the Unity treats the incoming call base on the caller number in different way.

Any ideas or doc could guide me to fix this problem?

Thanks. Leo

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the DN you have in Unity for the user???

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We use 5111 and 5112 in Unity for the user.

Thanks. Leo

The default behavior should be that you reach the VM from phone A in that scenario.

I'd recommend you to use the call viewer and the port status monitor to find out exactly what Unity is receiving and if there is something that is routing those calls somewhere else.

Have you checked for routing rules??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: