I am using WRT610N which works like a charm. Easy to set up and it runs without any glitches. Now I am considering getting another internet link (fiber-optic) to work alongside my current cable link. Cable link is at 8Mbps/1Mbps, whilst FO when in place would provide 25Mbps/25Mbps (download/upload).
I am thus looking at getting the RV082 to replace my WRT610N and my main concern is if it will work just as well, on top of adding dual-wan load balancing.
My current WRT610N
1. runs firmware 2.00.00 B05,
2. No port range forwarding nor triggering
3. Has Single Port forwarding for ssh, rdp (for tunnelling and remote desktop)
4. Windows XP, Vista, 7 and MACs on the LAN
5. Has HP network printer /scanner 1522
6. Not using the 5GHz band
7. All other settings using defaults
Would RV082 work in place of WRT610N?
What are the settings and what to watch out for?
Is RV082 the best affordable dual-WAN replacement for WRT610N?
Thanks to all and would appreciate pointers.