Views
Helpful
Replies

srr-queue bandwidth limit 70 command not work in Cisco 3750

csawest.dc
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Experts,

I have Cisco 3750 (24) P switch, i need bandwidth resctrict 30 mb on interface fa1/0/1 , but it's exceeded more than 40 mb

interface fas1/0/1

no switachport

ip add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

srr-queue bandwidth limit 70

but when i check after given this command bandwidh exceeded more than 30 or 40 mb it's not rescrict.

so what is the issue and how can i solve this.

Please help me

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Souvik Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Then bandwidth limit command will limit the bandwidth of the interface specified as percentage along with the command. So in order to limit the bandwidth ot 30 Mb on a 100 Mb interface please use  srr-queue bandwidth limit 30 under the interface. Also it seems you have already enabled mls qos globally ( this is needed).

Rgds,

Souvik

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Souvik Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Then bandwidth limit command will limit the bandwidth of the interface specified as percentage along with the command. So in order to limit the bandwidth ot 30 Mb on a 100 Mb interface please use  srr-queue bandwidth limit 30 under the interface. Also it seems you have already enabled mls qos globally ( this is needed).

Rgds,

Souvik

Dear Souvik,

Thanks bro have good explanation, i will try to give this command and then let you know what heppand.

switch(config)#msl qos

switch(config)#int fa1/0/1

switch(config-if)#no switchport

switch(config-if)#ip add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

switch(config-if)#srr-queue bandwidth limit 70

Thanks once again!!!

Dear Friend,

I configure "mls qos" command in global mode Cisco 3750 switch and then apply "srr-queue bandwidth limit 70 on int fas0/2

but bandwidth exceed more than 40 mb.

I need 30 mb bandwidth limit on int fast 0/2

swtich(config)#mls qos

switch(config)# int fas0/2

switch(config-if)#no switchport

switch(config-if)# ip add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

switch(config-if)#srr-queue bandwidth limit 70

but still bandwidth exceed more than 40 mb through fas0/2 interface

what config i need to achive this

Thanks in ADV,

You need to run "srr-queue bandwidth limit 30" on interface to limit the bandwidth to 30Mbps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card