Views
Helpful
Replies

Share Lines

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have shared line between GM and has 3 secritary when the GM use has line or anyone of has secritary  its appear that line is busy. but when i call the same shared extension i can recevice a call.

what i want is, if any body use this line the second call should be busy.

thanks

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The maximum number of calls and busy trigger are still defined in a per-device level.

If you don't want anyone to use the line then you need to set the busy trigger to 1 in all of those devices.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

what i mean when some one use the shared line so nobody else can use or receive a call, i set the max trigger 1.

but still i can receive a call working.

Thansk for reply

Then you also need maximum number of calls to 1.

Review the explanation of how settings work.

Devices with shared-line appearance  support the Call Forward Busy Trigger and the Maximum Number of Calls  settings. You can configure Call Forward Busy Trigger per line  appearance, but the configuration cannot exceed the maximum number call  setting for that directory number.

The following example demonstrates how three Cisco Unified IP Phones  with the same shared-line appearance, directory number 2000, use Call  Forward Busy Trigger and Maximum Number of Calls settings. This example  assumes that two calls occur. The following values configuration applies  for the devices:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 1—Configured for  a maximum call value of 1 and busy trigger value of 1

Cisco Unified IP Phone 2—Configured for  a maximum call value of 1 and busy trigger value of 1

Cisco Unified IP Phone 3—Configured a  for maximum call value of 2 and busy trigger value of 2

When Cisco Unified IP Phone User 1 dials directory number 2000 for the  first call, all three devices ring. The user for Cisco Unified IP Phone 3  picks up the call, and Cisco Unified IP Phones 1 and 2 go to remote in  use. When the user for Cisco Unified IP Phone 3 puts the call on hold,  user can retrieve the call from Cisco Unified IP Phone 1 or Cisco  Unified IP Phone 2. When User 2 dials directory number 2000 for the  second call, only Cisco Unified IP Phone 3 rings.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/a03dn.html#wpxref37374

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi

I will make it more clear see.

Secretary 1

line 1 - 3186

line 2 - 3100     Max Trigger 1 , Max Call 1

line 3 - 4747     Max Trigger 1 , Max Call 1

Secretary 2

line 1 - 3502

line 2 - 3100     Max Trigger 1 , Max Call 1   

Manager

line 1 - 3100     Max Trigger 1 , Max Call 1   

line 2 - 4747     Max Trigger 1 , Max Call 1

if secretary 1 is using line 2 it should be busy in manager and secretary 2, and also for incoming when one receive a call in any of these phone the other will give busy tone for the caller.

IS THIS POSSIBLE.

You mean per-line appearance, not per-device, right?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ali,

Yes, if you set the Busy Trigger for 3100 to 1 on all three phones

as you have nicely listed you will achieve your desired result

Cheers!

Rob

Hi,

I made these changes but still they can receive a second calls in free phone set.

thanks

Hi Ali,

They can receive a second call on 3100? Or on the phone in general?

Cheers!

Rob

HI,

they receive in the line 3100.

thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ali,

OK ...first things first

Check to make sure 3100 isn't on any other phones. Then set the  Busy trigger to 1 on each of the 3x

3100 appearances.

line 1 - 3186

line 2 - 3100     Busy Trigger 1 , Max Call 2

Secretary 2

line 1 - 3502

line 2 - 3100      Busy Trigger 1 , Max Call 2

Manager

line 1 - 3100     Busy Trigger 1 , Max Call 2 

line 2 - 4747     Max Trigger 1 , Max Call 1

Then test again.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi,

Its working fine without extension mobility were all the users are not logged in to their device profile. the scenario i have is one manager without extension mobility and his two secretary is using extension mobility and they are logged in to their device profiles.

Manager phone (not using extention mobility)

line 1 - 3100     Partition:Internal      CSS: international  

line 2 - 4747     Partition:Internal     CSS: international 

Secretary one:

Device configuration:

line 1 - 3186     Partition: none     CSS: internal-CSS

line 2 - 3100     Partition: none     CSS: internal-CSS

line 3 - 4747     Partition: none     CSS: internal-CSS

Device profile configuration(EM):

line 1 - 3186     Partition: Internal     CSS: international-CSS

line 2 - 3100     Partition: Internal     CSS: international-CSS     forward unregistered Internal/External 3100 CSS: none

line 3 - 4747     Partition: Internal     CSS: international-CSS     forward unregistered Internal/External 4747 CSS: none

Secretary two:

Device configuration:

line 1 - 3502     Partition: none     CSS: internal-CSS

line 2 - 3100     Partition: none     CSS: internal-CSS

line 3 - 4747     Partition: none     CSS: internal-CSS

Device profile configuration(EM):

line 1 - 3502     Partition: Internal     CSS: international-CSS

line 2 - 3100     Partition: Internal     CSS: international-CSS     forward unregistered Internal/External 3100 CSS: none

line 3 - 4747     Partition: Internal     CSS: international-CSS     forward unregistered Internal/External 4747 CSS: none

the requirement is providing secretary with international access (for line 1, line 2, and line 3) only when they are logged to EM and have no access if not. for that i make the line under device profile with Internal partition and none partition under physical device.

the problem is that when a call comes for ext 3100 and one of the secretary is logged in and one is logged out, only the call will come to the manager (partition: none) and the logged in secretary while the logged out secretary will not receive the call.

in summary i found out that the line will ring only if the three users are having same partition.

is there any way to solve this

regards,

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: