I have a pair 7206VXR?NPE-G2 running GRE (1 tunnel between each other) with 250M of peak traffic utilization. I am expecting total utilization of about 600M of peak utilization on the link in the next few months. Connectivity to the service provider is GE at both ends. The peak CPU utilization on the routers are about 20% (less than) at the moment. I have few questions:
1. Can the router handle traffic to 600M in the next two months.
2. Can the VPN Service Adapter increase performance if I wanted 600M traffic throughput. I am only using GRE (NO IPSec). The document in the cisco website says it helps performance for IPSec. So just wondering if this is for IPSec only or it can help for GRE traffic as well. No encryption is required.
3. If the existing router is not sufficient (and the VPN Service Adapter is not applicable or is not sufficient), what is the next best router.
- 1 GRE tunnel
- 2 BGP sessions (max prefix 10)
- no traffic-shape no rate-limit enabled
- less than 10 ACL
- IP SLA responder
I have also looked at the Router performance document which says that the above router can support 2M PPS with 64bytes.
Does anyone have any experience on such case?
Thanks for your help.