Views
Helpful
Replies

7206VXR/NPE-G2

Jaypal_pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a pair 7206VXR?NPE-G2 running GRE (1 tunnel between each other) with 250M of peak traffic utilization. I am expecting total utilization of about 600M of peak utilization on the link in the next few months. Connectivity to the service provider is GE at both ends. The peak CPU utilization on the routers are about 20% (less than) at the moment. I have few questions:

1. Can the router handle traffic to 600M in the next two months.

2. Can the VPN Service Adapter increase performance if I wanted 600M traffic throughput. I am only using GRE (NO IPSec). The document in the cisco website says it helps performance for IPSec. So just wondering if this is for IPSec only or it can help for GRE traffic as well. No encryption is required.

3. If the existing router is not sufficient (and the VPN Service Adapter is not applicable or is not sufficient), what is the next best router.

Services running:

- 1 GRE tunnel

- 2 BGP sessions (max prefix 10)

- no traffic-shape no rate-limit enabled

- less than 10 ACL

- IP SLA responder

I have also looked at the Router performance document which says that the above router can support 2M PPS with 64bytes.

Does anyone have any experience on such case?

Thanks for your help.

BR,

Jay

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

Having the 7206XVR i beleive can acheive that for you.

Key features

up to 5000 tunnels (10,000 SAs, 5000 IKE SAs)

960 Mbps IPsec aggregation throughtput with 1400 bytes and 1000 active tunnels

GRE/IPSEC performance = MAX 960 Mbps Min 630 Mbps with NPE-GE/VSA.

Francisco.

Hi Francisco,

so you are suggesting that a VSA is required to support the throughput I am looking for? at the current time the two  routers does not have the VSA module.

BR,

Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: