Views
Helpful
Replies

sfp-10g-sr= compared to x2-10gb-sr

Gingert1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been asked for any performance/latency differences between these 2 but i can not find anything on the net or on the website so thought i would ask here.  Hope someone knows!!!!

Cheers

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this what you are looking for:

Cisco X2-10GB-SR

The Cisco 10GBASE-SR Module supports a link length of 26m on standard FDDI grade MMF. Using 2000 MHz*km MMF (OM3), up to 300m link lengths are possible

Cisco SFP-10G-SR

The Cisco 10GBASE-SR Module supports a link length of 26m on standard Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)-grade multimode fiber (MMF). Using 2000 MHz*km MMF (OM3), up to 300m link lengths are possible.
HTH
Reza

dvangyzeghem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi anthony,

I do not think there is any performance difference between the 2 , they are both 10 Gig - sr.

I think the only difference is the form factor, X2 is the wider transceiver (like a GBIC) and i think it should be SFP+ which is the size of an SFP.

Please correct me if i am wrong

Br

Dimitri

Yep, All i could find was the only reason to have the transformer was if one type was not available or the client wanted to have the same throughout their solution.  Went through all teh data sheets so like you i concluded there were no performance or latency differences between the two.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card