cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder: Not reporting full IP Phone details under Switch Port

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I need some help. The problem I'm having is with the phone details being shown when you go  to ERL Membership >> Switch Ports. I can see my switch in there  and it shows all the ports, but it's also supposed to show the details  of the phone such as it's Extension, IP Address, MAC address, and Phone  Type, which it is not.

I have a lab environment set up as follows:

1 Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1.3.20000-2 Publisher on VMWare with Lab Licence (IP Address: 172.30.1.11)

1 Cisco Emergency Responder 7.1.1.30000-3 Publisher on VMWare with Lab Licence (IP Address: 172.30.1.17)

1 3750G PoE Switch

1 2821 Series Router with 4-port Ethernet Switch Module

3 IP phones: 7911, 7941, and 7962

Everything except the 7941 is connected to the 3750 switch. The servers are on a server VLAN, and the phones are on a Voice VLAN. The Router is connected via a trunk (router-on-a-stick). The router is also acting as an H323-Gateway in which I have the 7941 connected to the Ethernet Switch Module to act as my 911. Call routing is working fine.

Here are my SNMP Settings on the Cisco ER under Phone Tracking >> SNMP Settings:

IP Address/Host Name: *.*.*.*
Timeout (in seconds): 10
Maximum Retry Attempts: 2    
Read Community: cisco

In Cisco Servicability in both CUCM and CER are set up with the correct string 'cisco'. I also have a working KIWI Syslog server set up. Here is my switch config for SNMP:

snmp-server community cisco RO
snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart
snmp-server enable traps cpu threshold
snmp-server enable traps envmon fan shutdown supply temperature status
snmp-server host 172.30.1.5 informs version 2c cisco  cpu envmon
snmp-server host 172.30.1.5 version 2c cisco  cpu envmon

(The traps were enabled to test the Syslog server which is working).

I've noticed that the whenver I do a Switch-Port and Phone Update in the CER, I get this message in my Syslog server:

09-21-2010    11:19:00    Local7.Info    172.30.1.17     Sep 21 11:22:46 EDT CER CER_AGGREGATOR-6:This device is not supported 172.30.1.11

So basically saying my CUCM is not supported. I find that hard to believe but I just want to know why it would say that if it's running a pretty recent version. Anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem?

Thanks so much!

neocec

1 Reply 1

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

So I called TAC and they confirmed that it is because I am running CUCM on VMWare, that is why I am getting the "This device is not supported" error in the logs. Virtualization is fully supported in version 8.0(2) as verified by this document:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization

I'm going to try upgrading it and see what happens. I will keep you posted!

neocec