Views
Helpful
Replies

windows tools to view netflow

exploit_haxor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a tool that would pull the netflow logs and display the output in a text file, is there a gui tool that can be used to view the output from the text file, the tool should also be able to do sorting.....any sugesstions would be helpful

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

exploit_haxor wrote:

Hi All,

We have a tool that would pull the netflow logs and display the output in a text file, is there a gui tool that can be used to view the output from the text file, the tool should also be able to do sorting.....any sugesstions would be helpful

Thanks

I know this sounds a bit obvious but if it is a text file why not just import it into Microsoft Excel and do the sorting in there. Alternatively if you had it you could use something like Microsoft access database which would allow you to do more complex queries.

To be honest if it's just sorting it would be fairly trivial to write your own GUI with something like TCL/TK, and Microsoft Office is not my favourite software, but why reinvent the wheel when there are already tools to do the job ?

Jon

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

SolarWinds distribute a free netflow viewer - not sure how well it works because I've run into some subtle incompatibility with the Nexus 7K I want to view the netflow off which I hadn't had time to resolve yet, but it's definitely there.

http;//www.solarwinds.com/downloads - look for "Free realtime Netflow Analyzer".

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco