Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Small Business Pro SRP 500 Series Services Ready Router as CUCM Gateway

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I need a new ADSL router for home and am looking at the Cisco SRP 527W model.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps10500/C78-550712-02_srp_500_ds.pdf

This unit has one FXO port and two FXS ports.

I am wondering whether it would be possible to use this device as an FXO gateway for a CUCM system. Also would it be possible to connect the SRP 527W to CUCM via a SIP trunk and use it as a poor mans ISR/CUBE?

The documentation around the SIP features of this device is very scanty.

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well it doesn't run IOS.  So it isn't going to do CUBE.  It doesn't look like the SRP can act as a SIP proxy, so no dice there.

You can probbly point a SIP trunk to CUCM.  I looked at the admin guide for the SRP500 and I see references to SIP User Agent name, so I assume it acts as a UA which implies that it needs to register to a registrar.  So you'd add it in CUCM as a third party SIP endpoint, so that it can register.

Buy one and test it out, I guess.

Thanks Steven,

I found the answer about the FXO port - it is there only to act as a relay for the phone connected to the first FXS port if the unit is powered off or no SIP accounts are registered.

I guess I was hoping that it would provide similar functionality to a Fritz!box but I guess that the SRP is aimed at a very different market to that device.

I would love Cisco to launch a smaller UC500 for the SOHO market - say 4 x PoE, 2 x FXS, 2 x FXO, 802.11n and ADSL - if they could sell it for $400 that would be even better

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: