Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Skins Or 6900 Training Material

Jason Pennell
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Cisco Community,

I was wondering if there were any skins out there that could make my IP Communicator look like and act like one of the new models of Cisco phones that have recently come out?  I used to connect my PC to a projector and use my IPC all the time to train my customers on how to use the phone since it looked so similar to the 7900 series phones that we always sold.  Now with the 6900 series phones, along with the 89 and 9900 series phone they look a lot different and I don't feel that I can effectively train using my IPC anymore.

Any skins out there that will accomplish what I'm looking for or are there any other online 6900 phone presentations, training material, etc. that I can use instead?

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's no skinning as far as I'm aware (despite the menu of the same name) - as I understand it the CIPC pretty much emulates a 797x handset.

There were some reasonable flash-based tutorials for the 79xx phones (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/cisco_unified_ip_phones_tutorials.html) but I've not see anything like that for the new ones... maybe make the suggestion via your Cisco account team to get something similar worked up...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!