Helpful
Replies

3750-X CNA Cisco Network Assistant

tedtucker
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to add me new 3750-X to the Cisco Network Assistant I get:

Unsupported Device Type: WS-C3750X-24 Cannot add device x.x.x.x to community

Has anybody else seen this? If it truly is unsupported by CNA why do they say that it is on the product page?

Do I smell false advertising or it is something else?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CNA 5.5 doesn't (yet) support the 2960S, 3560X, 3750X.  I don't know when is Cisco going to release the new version.

That is crazy! I bought that switch because that is what was represented!

Kind of like... this firewall will protect your network.... in the future...

It does not see to be support on 6.3 (2)?  Is that still the case? Is there a plan to support in any future versions of CNA?

Thank you.

tedtucker
Level 1
Level 1

Taken from the product page:
The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches offer both a superior CLI for detailed configuration and Cisco Network Assistant software, a PC-based tool for quick configuration based on preset templates. In addition, CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) supports the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches for networkwide management.

Cisco Network Assistant

A PC-based network management application designed for small and medium-sized business (SMB) networks with up to 250 users, Cisco Network Assistant offers centralized network management and configuration capabilities. Cisco Network Assistant uses Cisco Smartports technology to simplify both initial deployment and ongoing maintenance. This application also features an intuitive GUI where users can easily apply common services across Cisco switches, routers, and access points, such as:

• Configuration management

• Troubleshooting advice

• Inventory reports

• Event notification

• Network security settings

• Password synchronization

• Drag-and-drop Cisco IOS Software upgrades

• Secure wireless

For detailed information about Cisco Network Assistant, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/cna.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: