Views
Helpful
Replies

SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml file needed for 3rd party PBX

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Good Day All,

I need to generate an SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml file for a 3rd party PABX and a cisco 8961 phone.

Does anyone have a template for me to follow or a working cnf.xml file for this type of phone?

Thanks very much for any help

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, as long as the fields are formated properly, the phone should be able to download the firmware files.

If you want the exact format for the fields for a 89xx, I would advise grabbing the file from an existing CUCM

server.

-Felipe

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no example config files for the 89xx series phones. Closest thing available is for the 7960/40.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/sip/8_0/english/administration/guide/sipins80.html

If you have access to one, another idea would be to pull the file directly from CUCM.

-Felipe

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for the reply.

I have read the document and am now trying to get the Cisco Phone to register with a Call Manager version 7.0.2 edition.

This phone is so new that it is now showing up in the phone lists.

If I were to find and download the phone firmware and store that on the Call Manager,  would I then be able to load the phone?

thanks for any help.

Regards,

Amanda

Hi Guys,

I have found a .cnf.xml file and am hoping to use it with the new Cisco 8961.

It was a file taken from a CME router.

My hostname is SEP1C17D340F2C2 so I will change the name of the file to suit.

I have replaced the extension number and extension number password.

I have listed the IP PBX server as the call processor.

I am not sure what to put into the load version area of the file.

Does anyone have an idea what to do with this?

<loadInformation />
<versionStamp>0000548728212372versionStamp>

My load info is sip8961.9-0-0-77

Does anyone know if I can get away with modifying this old file and also what to do with the loadinformation?

I could also remove that line from the file and let the phone boot the image it has.

Any additional ideas please?

Thanks so much,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

You'll need to upgrade the CUCM to 7.1.3 or later to have it support the 89xx phone type.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10451/ps10511/data_sheet_c78-565397.html

-Felipe

OP has CME, not CM.

At present time, CME does not support these phones.

OP is actually trying to get these to register to a 3rd party PBX. They only pulled the SEPxxx.cnf.xml file from a CME.

-Felipe

Hi Guys,

The file I am using is for a completely different model number.

I am hoping to rename the file to the MAC address of the phonel and to alter the load on the file.

My file contains a section followed by a versionStamp /versionStamp.

I hope to remove the information in the versionStamp and let the phone simply boot the image it currently has.

In theory,  I think the phone should be able to download this file from the third party PABX.

What do you think,  is it worth a try or is it something that I probablly should not do.

Thanks very much for any help.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

<loadInformation />
<versionStamp>0000548728212372versionStamp>
- <userLocale>
<name>English_United_Statesname>
<langCode>enlangCode>
userLocale>
<networkLocale>United_StatesnetworkLocale>
- <networkLocaleInfo>
<name>United_Statesname>
networkLocaleInfo>
<authenticationURL />
<directoryURL />
<servicesURL />
<transportLayerProtocol>2transportLayerProtocol>
device>

Yes, as long as the fields are formated properly, the phone should be able to download the firmware files.

If you want the exact format for the fields for a 89xx, I would advise grabbing the file from an existing CUCM

server.

-Felipe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: