Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ICM 7.2: change domain name

Hi all,

I have a IPCC system (ICM 7.2) in production with a domain name. Customer want to change the domain name recently. Does anyone have the same issue with me? Can you point me some related document and some risk when I change the domain name in Cisco ICM system? Will the system still work when I do the same.

Regards,

Thanh

4 Replies 4

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

You can not change the domain name. Because the ICM instance is tightly coupled with the domain.

You need to re install whole ICM system in the new domain. But you can export the configuration from logger and import into new system. But I have not tested it.

Thanks

- abu

Hi

I did this twice with same customer as customer was coming up with new name after every ten days , i did lot of changes in registry so i dont have to run the setup again , but i strongly strongly recommend you not to do it as icm instances are tightly coupled with domain name . if you do you have to run setup again it will be like a new installation long process

Hi Irfan,

I don't want to do this actually but this system now  have a Exchange server and Unity 7 and customer have bought a domain name from the  provider. It is different from our local domain.

Can you share me about how to change the domain name

1. I  just follow the microsoft guide to change the domain name

2. Which component in IPCC system will effect? Are there any down time when I change the domain name?

Thank you,

Thanh

You're in a world of hurt if you don't reinstall ICM in the new domain.  Think about the long term effects this will have if you don't do it right.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: