Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle URL is not working

Andrewkai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mate,

I'm woking for my CME lab and would like to add logo to my ip phone 7940G. Then, I follow the following cisco docs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801c0764.shtml#topic1

Since I am testing with CME I don't have CCMCIP folder like CCM. So, I installed IIS on my laptop and I upload .xml file to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

Unluckly, I got "HTTP REQUESTED CANCLED" error and couldn't able to see logo also

Appreciate any help/suggestion.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andrew

Correct - no background image on 7940/60.

The services/directories URL don't apply here -they just control what the services and directories buttons do.

Check your IIS logs (%windir%\system32\logfiles) to see if you see a request hitting the IIS server; it may be one of many problems. The phones can be very particular about the case, formatting, contentType etc of the returned data.

Alternatively do a wireshark capture on the laptop covering an attempt by the phone at getting the idle url and post up the capture.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

First check you can browse to the URL.

Then check you can browse to the URL from another PC - you may have things blocked by the Windows firewall or other security software.

Also - note that most people would recommend against using the idle URL unless you have a really important and useful business function for it; it's too intrusive for users as they have to dismiss it before using the phone and it can disrupt other use of the handset.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

YES, I can browse that URL from others' PC.

Aron, I think 7940G cannot support background image. That's why I have to use idle url for adding logo. Correct me If I was wrong.

Please have a look the following pic. My PC's ip address range is different from the services url and auth url.

Is that why I cannot see logo on my phone?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Correct - no background image on 7940/60.

The services/directories URL don't apply here -they just control what the services and directories buttons do.

Check your IIS logs (%windir%\system32\logfiles) to see if you see a request hitting the IIS server; it may be one of many problems. The phones can be very particular about the case, formatting, contentType etc of the returned data.

Alternatively do a wireshark capture on the laptop covering an attempt by the phone at getting the idle url and post up the capture.

Regards

Aaron

Thank you so much Aaron!

I can see my logo now. wow..woohh...

Problem is subnetting : you have to be either in the same subnet or same gateway.

Cheer!

Andrew

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

I configured an Idle URL for phone 8811 and get the xml error [4]: Parse error, what is the exact size and how can I download the .asp 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: