Views
Helpful
Replies

High Level Network Design

vinovinom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I am posting this because I am starting my career into network design and want some help in it. I am at present in need of a high level design overview as I need to prepare some high level network design documents. Can anyone shower some thoughts in it as how about doing this and if any there is a template for HDD so that it maybe useful.

Also I believe in keeping information as transparent as possible to the readers of the document and need someone to explain in very simple terms if at all it is possible.

Thanks a lot

Vin

2 Replies 2

Hi Vin,

I would check the Cisco SBA and Validated Design Zone as a first pass.

Lots of great design documents there.

As for how I would create a high level design - keep it simple.  You just want an overview of the connectivity - e.g. for a dual-site head office with 100+ branch wan, I would only show a single branch site as a template.

Every network is different, but the more documentation you write and read the more you will define your own style.

Apologies I can't give you any of my customer's documentation - NDA's and everything!

Regards, Ash,

Hi Ashley

Many thanks for your reply. I would try to read through the Cisco SBA and get some knowledge out of it.

Vin