cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5, with CUCM 6

Martyn Sharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure Unity to ask the question, 'if you want to dial an extension, dial it now',

collect the digits and forward the call the required number

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I am not sure on that. I know the caller system transfer dialog will allow users to transfer to an extension on ccm that is not in unity but you may need to send callers to that from the call handler.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Martyn,

There are several conversation threads discussing non-subscriber transfer options.  Here's one of them:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1186675#1186675

If you have a lot of DN's that aren't Unity subscribers, you can create Internet subscribers which don't eat up a license/mailbox, etc. and can be transferred to.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

judew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

You can allow any call handler in unity to allow you to dial an extension during the greeting by enabling the following option in the caller input section of the call handler. The option is listed as:

"Allow callers to  dial an extension during greeting"

Here is the information on this option from the help tab:

"

Allow Callers to Dial an Extension During  Greeting

Check this check box to allow callers to  enter an extension while a greeting plays. Use in conjunction with the  Lock This Key check box to allow callers to enter some extensions but  not others."

Once this is enabled you can change the current greeting to say whatever you would like.  Unity will match the extension with the subscribers in the db and then will transfer based on the transfer options for that subscriber.

Thank you

Hi,

I will try that but will this work for non Unity subscribers, i.e. can it ring the number entered via Call Manager

Regards

I am not sure on that. I know the caller system transfer dialog will allow users to transfer to an extension on ccm that is not in unity but you may need to send callers to that from the call handler.

Thank you

Martyn,

There are several conversation threads discussing non-subscriber transfer options.  Here's one of them:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1186675#1186675

If you have a lot of DN's that aren't Unity subscribers, you can create Internet subscribers which don't eat up a license/mailbox, etc. and can be transferred to.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks for all the replies, I'm pretty sure this will do what's needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: