Integrate BlackBerry and CUMA by Wifi ?

leandro-contino
Level 1
Level 1

I need to build a demo to our clients, and this is our stage:

CiscoUnifiedMobilityAdvantage 7.1.3
ASA 8.1.2
BlackBerry 8900Bold (with Wifi)

Our problem is that when we downloaded the OAR File we can't find some software compatible with the gsm network (Argentina), and I'm thinking install "Cisco unified Mobile communicator" in Blackberry and integrate it with CUMA by Wifi, because I'm inside the network and this is only for demo purpose.

Can you say me if it's posible integrate Blackberry with wifi and Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage out of gsm network ?

Thanks a lot !
Best Regards
Leandro

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You need GSM to use most of the CUMC features.  But you don't need a GSM to install CUMC.

If you have BES server (IT policies), you may use Wifi to install CUMC.  Or you may use a USB cable to install the app manually.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

We have CUMA set up in a lab environment with a wireless network simulating the Internet and ASA as the TLS Proxy. We have CUMA working with a Nokia smartphone over the WiFi, but the blackberry just does not want to work.

We are getting an error when trying to launch the application: Certificate Error. A valid certificate is required. App will now exit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: