Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 Retry video call as audio not available on CCM 7.1.5

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am running CCM version 7.1.5. My problem is that when i have video capabilities enabled, i am unable to ring external mobile phones. When i disable this, mobile calls work fine. On previous versions of CCM, you were able to tick a box saying 'retry video call as audio'. This tick box seems not to be available in CCM version 7.1.5(even though it says its available in the help page. This is affecting my 9971 phones. has anyone come across this before?

Thanks,
Derek

5 Replies 5

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Derek,

I think the new CCMAdmin for a 99XX device will not expose the "Retry Video Call as Audio" option but it is set to true in the database.

You can verify that it is set to true in database by running the SQL query from the CLI (SSH session). The following example is using the MAC address of the 9971 phone

adin:run sql select pkid from device where name = 'SEP00230432C385'

retryvideocallasaudio
=====================
t

You can find the PKID of the device using MAC and can also verify this setting  as follows

admin:run sql select pkid from device where name = 'SEP00230432C385'
pkid
====================================
df354918-4a8d-4ed5-838e-b401e774bce5

admin:run sql select name,retryvideocallasaudio from device where pkid = 'df354918-4a8d-4ed5-838e-b401e774bce5'
name            retryvideocallasaudio
=============== =====================
SEP00230432C385 t
admin:

Same problem.

Is it possible to solve?

looks to me like some kind of software bug. The phone defaults to retry as audio, but it doesn't work.

Hi Derek,

If you run the sql query what are you seeing the value for retry as audio (true or false , t or f) ? If it is set to t and still not working then it will be another issue.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Pavel K
Level 1
Level 1

Found the solution.

In voice gateway configuration you need to add bearer-cap speech command in the section voice-port

looks like:

voice-port 1/1:23

bearer-cap speech

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: