Views
Helpful
Replies

Completely lost on Easy vpn setup

jschneiter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Im VERY new to cisco, so far im not impressed whatsoever of the user friendlyness at all. Im used to Sonicwall (at least they have a log telling you wants going on and whats wrong.)

Anyways, I have to locations that I need to setup a VPn between two 871's

The config files have me lost enough to give up on them and lack of help understanding them doesnt help.

So, I decided to give the Easy VPN a try.

You would think easy would mean so easy a cisco newbie could figure it out....NOT!

Is there a step by step easy "easy VPN for dummies" anywhere.

Even with what I have setup, I cannot get the VPN connected.

With a lack of a log file, I have no idea whats wrong or why it wont connect.

Thanks for any help peeps

Jon

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

jschneiter wrote:

Hello all,

Im VERY new to cisco, so far im not impressed whatsoever of the user friendlyness at all. Im used to Sonicwall (at least they have a log telling you wants going on and whats wrong.)

Anyways, I have to locations that I need to setup a VPn between two 871's

The config files have me lost enough to give up on them and lack of help understanding them doesnt help.

So, I decided to give the Easy VPN a try.

You would think easy would mean so easy a cisco newbie could figure it out....NOT!

Is there a step by step easy "easy VPN for dummies" anywhere.

Even with what I have setup, I cannot get the VPN connected.

With a lack of a log file, I have no idea whats wrong or why it wont connect.

Thanks for any help peeps

Jon

Jon

Cisco are not renowned for being user friendly in their configuration   but they do have excellent documentation. Attached is a link to a lot of configuration examples for setting up a VPN between router to router and Easy VPN -

IPSEC configuration examples

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card