Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 540/560 SNR Problem

Velin Tsekov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I hope that this email finds you all well. I have a problem with  a Single Number Reach functionality. When I use Cisco UC540 or 560 with 15x IOS versions I noticed a problem with SNR. When I enable the feature and place a call to internal number, after the configured 10 secs, the call is redirected to my mobile phone, my mobile phone rings, but when I try to pickup the call on my mobile phone .. the call interrupt, but the internal number continues to ring.

First I thought that I have a problem with the codecs, but I made the test with UC520 with 12x IOs version...and the problem doesn't represent. I use a SIP trunk with our telco provider.

Marcos, I hope that you have an opinion

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, thats a problem.  Probably need to run traces and so forth and I would bet its external to UC500 (signaling or media issue to Mobile),

Best to open a case.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SNR behaves like it does per design.    The desk phone rings for 30 seconds regardless of if Cell answers or not.  But you can pick the call up from the desk during that time, or after the 30 seconds rom the phone button.

Adding to this discussion, I've noticed that SNR only works when your IP phone receives a call.  Is there a way or can the functionality be added that if you originate a call on your IP phone, you can then send it out to your SNR destination (cell phone)?

There is no way to have call control for calls that start with the Cell.   That would require Cell carrier to operate an IP-VLR, there would have to be an HLR in the network hosting the numbers and that would be more like a full blown dual mode phone (SIP over wifi/ Cell over 3G).

The situation I'm referring to does not start with the cell phone.  The functionality I'm asking about is if I'm at my desk phone and I call somebody, can I then use the mobility soft key to transfer that call out to my cell phone?

Yes, I know this. But the problem is that when the call come to my mobile..and both IP Phone and my mobile phone ring...and when i pick up the call from my mobile phone..the call is droped...I cannot talk.

OK, thats a problem.  Probably need to run traces and so forth and I would bet its external to UC500 (signaling or media issue to Mobile),

Best to open a case.

OK, I am gonna open a case. You said that maybe the problem is in the provider, but why the problem doesn't represent on UC520 running 12x IOS version...this is the strange situation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: