cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Operational Status "Downloading"

ercanelibol
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 AIR-AP1232AG-A-K9, and their operational status show as "Downloading". They are not connected to the network anymore. How can I remove these two APs from the WLC (5508, Software Version 7.0.98.0) so that they no longer appear in the controller?

Thanks

Ercan

6 Replies 6

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ercan,

Are you 100% sure that they are not on the network anymore and that they have been disconnected?

Thanks

Serge

Hi Serge,

yes they are not on the network anymore and they are disconnected.

thanks

Hi Ercan,

I haven't seen anything like this one yet:

Can you telnet to the WLC and do

(Cisco Controller) >config ap reset YOURAPNAME

Will that make the APs go away?

Thanks

Serge

No it does not.

Even though I can see the ap name in the controller, it gives error message "Cisco AP name is invalid." when I try "config ap reset YOURAPNAME".

Thanks

Ercan

Best way to proceed is to open a TAC case here for further investigation or maybe someone else on the forum can come up with some further ideas.

Thanks

Serge

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ercan,

I have seen this issue once.. not sure if you have tried to upgrade the WLC software and after that we are facing this issue.. when we are using 1231 converted APs, then there is chance of APs losing the SSC.. the SSC gets corrupted while upgrade..  i saw this issue on one of the customer scenarios.. so we converted the 1231 AP to autonomous and then reconverted the AP to LWAPP and it joined without any issues.. (WLC used in my case was 4404)

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card