NCM 1.5 fresh install - Not working...

Unanswered Question
Sep 22nd, 2010

Fresh install of NCM 1.5 and launching it is not working. The documentation was not helpful (Getting Started, User Guide, etc.) and did not have any troubleshooting. Where are the logs located? Anyone been through this before?

Basically, I install and update to SP1. After reboot I launch the browser to go to Admin Settings and it says page cannot be displayed Thanks for any help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jason Davis Thu, 09/23/2010 - 10:54

Hey Michael,

What platform?  Solaris, Windows, Redhat?

What are your server specs (CPU, RAM, disk)

Are you using the embedded mySQL database or going with external Oracle or MS SQL Server?

Could you install NCM 1.5 fresh and then try to access the system without installing SP1 first?

You want to see that you're accessible on the base product...  Get another account in there besides admin.  Maybe add a device or two (but don't go crazy).  Once you've validated the base functionality, then an upgrade to SP would be good.

We need to see if this is an issue with NCM 1.5 (FCS) on your platform or with SP1...

On Solaris install logs go to /opt/CWNCM and /opt/CWNCM/server/logs

Should be in similar base directories on Windows.

-Jason Davis

Cisco Advanced Services

howlingthunder Thu, 09/23/2010 - 12:00

Jason - thanks Dude for the reply.

I got it working. I actually uninstalled - rebooted - installed - confirmed working - installed sp1 - confirmed working - installed driver pack. I think my issue all along was that I was not putting the proper credentials for the database. I set IIS to manual instead of auto - SQL wanted it during install. That was the only thing I did different. It helps that I have done LMS installs in the past and expected issues.

For reference my system is Win2003Ent R2, 4GB RAM, 40GB drive for OS, 100GB drive for DB, SQLServer2005Ent - VMWare 4.0 system.

Thanks again

Actions

This Discussion