cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 8.0 App Server and VMWare

ROBERT KNAPP
Level 1
Level 1

I watched a PEC video with everyone's friend Bobbi Martin.  During the presentation, she mentioned that the App server cam be loaded on VMware, specifically on ESXi.  Has anyone successfully installed this?

10 Replies 10

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A lot of Cisco UC applications are now supporting VMWare, but there will be specific requirements depending on the application in question.  For example, CUCM is supported on **specific** Cisco UCS platforms, but not on ANY 3rd party VMWare platforms.  I would recommend checking the documentation available on Cisco.com for MP 8.0 and verify the requirements it has.

Might also make a good query for your Cisco Account Team.

--Matt

You hit the nail on the head, I haven't been able to locate documentation on this topic... yet.  I did open a PDI case before I posted this question.

I have installed app server 8 on esxi 4.1 on a dell precision without problems. I also installed 8.5 app server on esxi 5 on the same dell without problems in audio/mp/webex scheduling. Webex node also works but gave me a very hard time I m half way installing the webserver as i m stuck in the product key which i cant find As iantra123 said, best thing is to make an iso and mount in esxi  minimum requirements are 8 processors (each core counted as one and hyperthreading doubles the cores) 300 gb space 8gb ram webserver is half the above except for disk space *you can thin provision disk and not reserve resourceses in a lab* All the rest is defaults Use red hat linux enterprise 4 - 32 bit I think there is a bug accessing ssh from putty using root account in rhle 4  use installation guide from docwiki "installing on vmware"  All the above is not supported by cisco on anything but ucs b & c series  dont bother eith tac (sorry guys) as most of them know about meetingplace as much as you do or what they can find on docwiki. And they will esclate to pm's and take a long time.

aijazbeigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you get it working I am getting error dics not detected.

Regards

Aijaz

never did install it, but ESXi was mentioned as being compatible.   Are you using an IBM server?  or making the MP think this a meetingplace server?  Another option, again the longer road.  Install MP 7 and upgrade to 8, that process gives more flexability in hardware as MP 7 is can install on IBM or HP MP 8 is only IBM

we received the sofdtware from Cisco with instruction for Vm Install. But seems there might be some issue on DVD or may be actually there are two discs for MP8. Will need to cehck with account manager again. it can be installed on VM only for demo as it is not supported by Cisco TAC on vm.

hunto
Level 1
Level 1

Meetingplace 8.0 app server is NOT supported on ESXi. You will get an error during the installation about invalid hardware detected if you try it. The first version to support ESXi is 8.5 will is rumoured to be about next month.

However, you can install it on version 8.0 vmware workstation (not tac supported).

I have got Meetingplace 8.0 app server to work on ESXi by doing this:

1. Build it on vmware workstation (or the supported hardware server)

2. Use vmware convertor and convert the image to the ESXi platform

3. Enjoy!

Hi,

I've succeed on VMWare Esxi 4.1 on an UCS.

Just install it like installing UC or other Operating System

1- I've copied the disc as an iso and stored it in a storage of the VMWare.

2- Use this ISO to be a CD/DVD [I don't need spend time to go to my colder datacenter to enter/eject discs ]

3- Boot and install it.

If you use VMWare Esxi then Download first the OVA file (vmware template for UCS) from cisco if you want to see the repartition and feel free to copy or update it for you following your need for UC.

Regards,

Antra

For additional information : The MP Apps is working on the lab, but i don't have the impact measurement on live network.

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just thought I'll update you on my experiences

I have Cisco Meeting Place 8.5.5 Application Server installed on UCS B200 Server with 4 x CPU, 8GB RAM, 300GB Hard Disk. All working on the Dialing in to setup an audio conferencing.

In order for to allow users to schedule meetings via Outlook plugin and Web Interface I needed to installed Meeting Place 8.5.2 Web Server. Using first the MPWinOS for UCS Version 1.0.0.3 and then installing Cisco Meeting Place 8.5.2 Web Server.

This has allowed me to install the outlook plugin and schedule meetings and get Meeting Place call out to my recipients.

I do have a problem when scheduling the meetings via webpage with errors such as.

• Error:[154] Internal error. Bad message received by system.
  • Error:[12397] Error inviting callers to meeting.
  • Error:[12397] Error inviting callers to meeting.

I will now log this via Cisco TAC. But so far pleased.

Thanks,

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: