cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-X Power Cords

douglas.hacker
Level 1
Level 1

Overarching question: Does anyone know where Cisco publishes detailed specs for power cords?  Equipment-side connector, wall-side connector, length, amp rating, AWG.

Specific Question:  Does anyone know what 208V datacenter PDU-destined power cords Cisco approves for both the PoE and non-PoE 3750-X switches?

- The 1100W and 750W power supplies have 15A IEC C16 ports...according to power section of 3750-X data sheet.

- The 350W has a 10A IEC C14.

The only standard cable is the CAB-3KX-AC which has a 110V NEMA 5-15 on one end and, well, presales has been looking for 50 minutes to find out what is on the other end.  But, this is not a 208V cord nonetheless.

The fact the 1100 and 750W supplies have C16s means the CAB-C13-C14-AC will not work...connector will not go in (needs to be a C15) and amp rating is too low.  On the flip side, a C15 will go into a C14...C13 alternative on a higher amp cord.

Thanks!

Doug

5 Replies 5

cweatherford
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know the ratings but I have used 208 tated server power cords and have never had an issue

russ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Doug

I've just come across a similar situation during a new install of 3750-X PoE switches, using 715w PSUs. Cisco had shipped C15 power cords but they were fitted with moulded European Continental plugs instead of UK plugs, so the customer thinking they were just standard power cords threw them away. It took two attempts before their supplier finally shipped the correct replacemment leads that fitted and this was the Cisco part number: CAB-7KACU=

The same part number is used for 4900 switches and specific 6500 PSUs but documentation mentions it is rated at 10A and not 15A?

Russ

000node000
Level 1
Level 1

the cisco data sheet for 3750-X still shows 350W cable is C16, but I have this with me and it's C13/14. The 715W is C16, but not the 350W PS.

Cisco should update their web site.

Cisco should update their web site.

They won't know they've got a document error unless someone submits a complaint via the "Feedback" link.  Cisco document team will get back to you within 2 hours.

Okay, I've let them know. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: